Saturday, May 31, 2014

FINAL HOURS

Here I am down to my final hours for this trip to Guatemala. It has been a good trip in many different ways. It's funny how much being here feels like home to me and at the same time I miss everyone and my home in the States.
It was a beautiful morning here with blue sky and perfect temperature but now it has been pouring rain for the past few hours. We were going to go into Antigua for Soul Patrol that would be the last time for me but now with all this rain we just stayed home. I was looking forward to seeing my friend Lea one last time also, she was going to be in Antigua but she called and said because of the weather she would not be going in.  Susy and I talked to her yesterday on the phone to ask how she was doing since she went in on Wednesday and had her tooth pulled and she said that it had gone well and I Praise The Lord for that.
Olga came to the Base last night after she got done with school and spent the night and then she had to get up this morning and go to school because of a test they were having but she came back when she got done. Susy, Olga, and I went into Antigua and had lunch this afternoon. Susy had heard of a restaurant that serves food from Israel and we wanted to try something new so we ended up going to the Israeli restaurant which was interesting to have a restaurant in Antigua that serves Israeli food. We ordered a bunch of different things and it all ended up tasting good but we had way more food than we could Possibly eat and had leftovers that we brought back and had for dinner which was good the second time around.
Olga helped me pack so I am about ready to leave here at 4 in the morning. It's about an hour drive to the airport and my flight leaves at 7 so that should be good timing and hopefully I will be tired and can sleep some in the plane.
Yesterday was my last day of Spanish Lessons so now I have to make an effort to keep learning after I get home. Eloise was a good teacher, an intelligent woman, and she who really loved God. She seemed sad I was going but wished me well in my return home and continued learning.
I suppose that wraps up my overall expierences this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment