Thursday, November 20, 2014

8 NOV 2014 - NEW TRAVELS

Saturday the 8th of November I left my house and headed to the airport about 17:30.  My first stop was Minneapolis and I layed over there for about 5 or 6 hours through the night and it wasn't very fun.  Nothing was open and I just couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep. Went from there to Atlanta, about an hour flight and then to Guatemala and arriving Sunday at 1300. All my flights were on time and that was a blessing. Susy and Olga met me at the airport and drove me to the base.
I hadn't packed a skirt and found out I needed one so on the way we stopped in San Lucas and went to the Mega Paca and I  found and skirt and top which was great.
Now I have been here for a week and a half I'm not going to remember everything but will just start to write what I do.
At the base Florecita is off for about a month and a half because she has some health problems and is having an operation so Kalissa has taken on the kitchen responsibilities along with David but he and his family left to go home for a visit this past Monday so Kalissa is pretty much on her own. They had prepared dinner for us when I got to the base and it was good and it was good to be here. Bruce and the current DTS have gone on their outreach to India so there is only Dessie, Ashley, Kalissa, Susy, and a guy named Johnathan at the base which is nice and I have a room to myself.
Monday night was YWAM's Monday night service and for me it wasn't very enjoyable as usual.  Tuesday I went with Susy over to a ladies house named Tonya who lives in Antigua in a very nice Condo and we played cards. There were two other ladies, all three of them Americans and they go to a Bible Study that Susy goes to.  I enjoyed it, we had a good afternoon.
Wednesday Susy and I got Bruce's car (he said I could use it while I am here) and came into Antigua and did a few errands.  Wednesday night we went to a Bible Study at the church Susy has started going to called Calvary Chapel.  It was in Spanish so I of course didn't follow all of it but I liked it.
I don't remember much of Thursday and Friday other than getting ready to go to the Lake on Saturday. Susy is heading up a team of Emma and Renzo and Eder and Carolina to go to some churches to tell about YWAM and a DTS they want to have in San Pablo at the lake in the fall for the local people around there.  David and Eder have found a piece of property in San Pablo (which is one of the poorest towns around the lake) they would like to buy and start a YWAM base there. That probably won't be happening anytime soon but there is a pastor there who has agreed to let them use a building for the DTS if they have one.
I am going to publish this one and start a new one on our adventures to the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment