Tuesday, May 6, 2014

McDonalds

Class is over for the day. The place where I am staying only provides breakfast and dinner so I am on my own for lunch. There is a McDonalds here that I like, not because of the food but the view and the coffee are both great.  I am not a fast food eater but I found they have pretty good coleslaw so I am eating that with some soda crackers and having a delicious cappuccino. They also have free wi-fi here which makes it a good place to come.  Last night I went to the YWAM Monday night service at la Inglesia del Camino. Bruce played a video from a guy who was speaking about world missions. He was very good and interesting and I enjoyed it.
Traveling in places like Guatemala are not for the faint hearted or those not looking for adventure. It's a place where walking is not for exercise but a necessity if you want to get anywhere and drinking bottled water is not a luxury but a necessity if you don't want to become sick. A place where you don't know what you might be fed for your next meal or once you do have your food in front of you you still might not know what it is. For all the differences that are strange, difficult, or weird there are  many more differences that are interesting, fun, challenging, and rewarding. I want to embrace the differences and pray God uses me to build His Kingdom with those of different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment