Yesterday it was moving to the base in the morning and Olga came and spent the day and stayed overnight. We did Soul Patrol last night and that was good. It was good to stay at the base. I have a big room all to myself and my own bathroom which is more in my comfort zone.
Susy has been busy with some friends of hers who are missionary's in El Salvador who have come to Antigua for a mini vacation so I have had time alone with Olga and I have to speak Spanish so it has been good practice for me. I have improved my Spanish so far this trip but there is so much more to learn.
So here is my new experience so far today. Olga and I took the bus into Antigua and came to McDonalds because the Internet is still out at the base. I asked Olga if she wanted something to eat which she did and they were still serving breakfast. As I have said I won't eat hamburgers here but I thought maybe an Egg McMuffin would be something I might like so that is what I ordered. I ate it and it was pretty good, pretty much like one at home.
As Olga and I were walking into town after getting off the bus we ran into Karin and Joe and their family who are the ones who are friends with Olga's family and they are the ones who are going to take me to Olga's house tomorrow. I have been invited to meet her family and am looking forward to that.
Olga and I are going to walk down to Central Park and see if we can find Clara Luz. Then walk through the market and return to the base.
No comments:
Post a Comment