At home, McDonalds is not one of my favorite places so it does seem odd I am at McDonalds so often in Central America but it's not the food that draws me but the Internet number one and then here the coffee is great! Since I don't like McDonalds food I stopped at a little bakery I like and bought a sweet bread to eat with my coffee here and then since I like the coleslaw here I also stopped at the store and bought some soda crackers to eat with my coleslaw. Kind of a different lunch but it works for me. At school today I learned that tomorrow on Saturday is Mother's Day. My teacher said it is whatever the actual day is for Mother's Day so the day it is celebrated on changes each year. Yesterday after class Susy was in town picking up Florecita from the market so I rode with them back to the base and spent the afternoon. I got to talk with Bruce for a while. He is leaving tomorrow for the states for about a month to help raise funds to build a permanent YWAM base here in Guatemala. I caught a bus to go back to my house and the bus was pretty full when I got on and after a few stops it was 'Full' at least by my standards and anyone I know would have said the same but not by Guatemalan standards. The driver kept stopping and picking up more people which I couldn't believe and finally he stopped and picked up about 8 guys who could not even fit in. Some were literally hanging onto the outside of the bus. I could barely squeeze off but was glad when I did.
The rest of the day I don't have any plans so my plan is to rest a little, read a little, and study a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment