Saturday, May 24, 2014

PANAJACHEL & HAMMOCK

I finished out the week of  having a Spanish tutor come to the base for my lessons this week. It was not easy but it was good. Thursday and Friday I pretty much stayed at the base except walking over to the tienda. I love the tiendas. Last night I got ready for my departure to Lake Atitlan and our stay in Panajachel.
Susy and I took the chicken bus into Antigua about 6:45 this morning and stopped at the Bagel Barn for breakfast. Then we walked over to where we were to catch our shuttle to Panajachel. It was a pretty good drive and we arrived here a little before 11:00. This hotel the Posada de Rodrigo is really nice. It's right by the lake and our room has a view of the lake which is beautiful. The grounds are really nice and they have a row of hammocks along a walk way. Susy and I have come out and are laying in the hammocks. This is a first for me, I don't think I have ever got in a hammock when I have been someplace where there has been hammocks. It's not the most comfortable because my body makes it sink down too much in the middle but it's kind of fun for something different.
After we got here we rested a while in the room and then headed out the Main Street to find someplace to eat. Someone told us there is a restaurant called the CasaBlanca and that Bill Clinton had come to Guatemala and eaten there. We found the place and we decided to eat there but I don't think Bill Clinton was ever there. Naturally walking up the street with all the things for sell I couldn't resist buying. I had decided I was not going to buy anything here because I didn't need anything else but that did not happen.
It has been a nice day, the weather has been good. I think we will just chill the rest of the day. I want to go for a coffee and some ice cream later. They have a small museum here where they have a collection of different pots and things that are really old from the Mayans that I am looking forward to going to probably tomorrow after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment