Thursday, May 29, 2014

WAITED TOO LONG

Now I have waited too long to update my blog and it is going to be difficult to remember everything I have been doing. Monday was a very big day. I didn't have my Spanish lesson because Susy and I went into town at 8:30 a.m. To meet Lea who is a friend of mine who sells things near Central Park. She has has a toothache but she has never been to a dentist and was afraid to go and also she didn't have the money to go.  Now going to the dentist here is not like in the states. You just show up at the office and wait your turn. When everybody who was there before you goes in it's your turn. As it turned out her tooth had cavities and needed to be pulled but she had infection and the dentist wanted her to start taking antibiotics before the tooth was pulled. So we then went to the pharmacy and got her prescriptions.
After that Susy had some other errands and I went to meet Joe Bedford who is friends with Olga's family and he brought them to Camino Church to look at these wood burning cooking stoves that are more efficient and are piped up through the roof so the smoke goes outside (there are three different models) to see if there was one they liked and would work for them in their house because they currently cook on an open fire in their house which is dangerous and very unhealthy because of the smoke they have to breath all the time.  They picked one out and we bought it and We got it loaded into Joe's car to get it back to their house.
After that I met Susy at Cafe Barista. I also saw my friend Clara Luz in the park and invited her to have lunch with us. I thought she needed to try something different in life. She had never eaten at this place and she had never had Crepes so she ordered kind of a crepe sandwich with a strawberry smoothie. It was fun sharing a new experience with someone.
After that Susy had to go to the doctors because of some sinus, allergy, cough, stuff she has going on. The doctor did find she had some problems and then she had to go to the pharmacy for medication he Perscribed.
Near the doctor's office I found this bakery that is apparently real well known in Antigua and they have great breads and things. They also have this really good yogurt they make and I bought some of it and have really liked it.
I was pretty exhausted after all that but we just got back to the base and ate dinner and it was time to go back to Antigua for Monday night service.
Now I have said all that it is getting late and I need to do my Spanish homework so I will have to finish catching up on the rest of this weeks activities tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment