Tuesday, August 20, 2013

PARK

Today is Saturday and we went to the gym at 9 this morning so we could go to a park today.  The day started out nice weather wise.  Where we went was about a half hour away headed toward Guatemala City.  The drive reminded me of when the kids and I were here a few years ago and went traveling on the weekends.  It was a beautiful drive.  The park was not like any park around Ogden, it was more like a rain forrest.  We ate sandwiches we had , made and brought with us.  After we had been there a while it started to pour down rain.  We were under a small pavilion and waited till there was a break in the rain then headed for the van.
On the way home we got to stop at a mall in a town we went through called San Lucas.  It was a pretty nice mall, very , modern.   There was a bakery in it that is popular here in Guatemala called San Marlin that I went in with Susy, Bruce, Bri, and jad coffee and pastry, it was good.

I didn't get Saturday's posted on Saturday but was going to on Sunday and then the internet was just not working for crap that day so I still could not and then yesterday they kept us busy all day so I couldn't use the internet.  So I will proceed on here with the past couple of days.

Sunday after church Alicia went with me to do some shopping.  I didn't bring a jacket with me other than a rain jacket for two reasons, one I didn't think I would need one and two I just had no extra room when packing for anything I didn't think I would absolutely need but it does get a little chilly in the morning or evening at times.  Anyway Alicia knew of a place in the market where they sell second hand clothes so we went there and I found a jacket for Q30.  It was quite an interesting place as many places are here.
The rest of the day Sunday was nice in that it was restful.
2 daughters who were selling stuff.
Yesterday began a new school week and the teacher is Judy Garcia who is the director of the YWAM base in El Salvador.   So far class has been good, a real switch from last week.
Today is my kitchen duty day which makes it so I have some free time here in the afternowhen the internet is on which is nice.
I am going to get this posted because they said they rest of this day is going to be busy with ministry preparation and they movie night which it sounds like we all have to participate in.
Oh, here is one thing I forgot to write about.   Saturday night I went with a small group to Central Park in Antigua and did 'soul patrol'.  It was interesting and we did have some people pray and accept the Lord and I got to talk to a lady and her

No comments:

Post a Comment