Beginning semana numero dos. Today is Sunday so after breakfast we gathered to hit the road for church. Another thing I have been doing a lot of since I have been here besides chores is walking.
We are in a town called Viejo just outside Antigua so to get to Antigua we have to walk a couple blocks down the street to a main road to catch the bus, and taking the bus is always a trip. Then once we got off the bus in Antigua we had to walk about a mile to get to the church. It's a church that does the service in both Spanish and English. So by the time we did all that and got back I was pretty tired. Then it was time to get some lunch ready. The cook is off on Sunday so all the meals have to be prepared by some of us.
It has been nice not getting up quite so early Saturday and Sunday but tomorrow it will be back to the 6 a.m. being on duty for chores.
Even though today has been the least demanding day on our time, the day is going by quickly because there are so many other school things we have to take time to keep up on even that keeps me somewhat busy.
I Skyped with my family tonight, Rachael was at Lori's so I got to talk to Lori, Scott, Kailey, and Jake which was nice. Modern technology sure makes it easier to be away like this and I am thankful for that.
I am going to get this posted and get back to my studying.
Buenos Noches.
No comments:
Post a Comment