Sunday, July 5, 2015

GUATEMALA ONCE AGAIN 2015

I left home on June 24th so I am now 11 days into my trip. My sister Chris and I started out together with a late flight to L.A. Then on to Guatemala City arriving about 4:45 in the morning. Susy and Olga were there to pick us up. We came to the YWAM base where we were going to stay and unloaded our stuff and got set up in our room. Susy had things to do so Chris, Olga and I headed off to catch the chicken bus to go into Antigua. Chris was about to have some new experiences and we both were going to be kept busy doing everything. We went past McDonalds and I had to take her in and show how beautiful it was and why I liked it so much. We walked to Central Park and right off ran into Clara Luz. She naturally had stuff she wanted to sell us. We went into cafe Barrista to eat and since it was still pretty early the only thing we could order was breakfast. Clara came in and ate with us also. It was pretty good. We went back to the base and Olga had to leave. We ate at the base that night and relaxed since we had pretty much been up since the day before. Priscilla had come with her new husband for a few days and it was good to see her and meet her husband. The next day we took the car into the mechanic shop because the clutch was going out and that is where it ended up until the next Friday before we got it back. Then we went into town to do a few things. I got minutes on my phone, Susy showed us where the Chocolate Museum was and we signed up to take the class on Monday then we went and paid for the shuttle and hotel for the Lake. It was a Holiday weekend for the Guatemalans and we had a tough time finding a room in Panajachel but it worked out and found a place that was pretty nice and right on the street where I like to be. Susy's mother was coming there with a group of people from El Salvador and Susy was staying with her. Then we went to this great coffee place called Fat Cats that is like no others coffee house I have ever seen. They make some very different coffee drinks. We each picked something different and they were all very good. We also saw Maria selling at the park. Clara had told me that Maria's daughter was sick and in the hospital. Sure enough Maria said her daughter had been very sick and they had to move her to the hospital in Guatemala a city. They diagnosed her with lukemia. Maria's husband is out of work so he is in the city staying with the daughter and she is trying to sell and keep things going at home. We prayed with her. We had to head out at 6:30 Saturday morning to catch the chicken bus into town to catch the shuttle for our trip to the lake. We had breakfast at the Bagel Barn. The shuttle ride wasn't bad, we were the only three on it which I liked. We checked into our hotel and then went and had lunch at Posada de Don Rodgriguez then walked down to the lake. Later chris and I went the museum of old Mayan pots they have there. It's pretty interesting. Susy's mom finally made it and we met her which was good. They left and Chris and I explored and bought fun stuff and then finally retired to our room. The next morning was Sunday, we had breakfast at the Hotel which was included and wandered around some more. The town was really busy with people there on holiday. We caught the shuttle back at 4 p.m. and got back to Antigua around seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment