Sunday, July 12, 2015
SABADO Y DOMINGO
Saturday July 11th I had a quiet morning then took the bus into Antigua. I went to a restaurant I have heard is good called Cafe Condezza. I did enjoy it and would go there again. After I decided to walk over to the small market area they have on the weekends that Clara and Faoustina sell at. I bought a small thing from Faoustina and then visited with Clara for a while. She has a bunch of stuff that she is selling stacked up around and she invites me to sit on some of it and visit with her. She has two sisters that sell near her also and they have some nice stuff and good prices. I bought 2 covers for like couch pillows from her sister and then today I stopped by there real quick with Susy and bought this great bag that is big and I'm going to use it for a reusable shopping bag. No one at the store is going to have a bag like mine.
When I left there to catch a bus to head back to the base I got turned around and half way lost. I walked and walked before I finally found my way to catch the bus. By the time I got back to the base I was exhausted. They were having dinner here and then it was Soul Patrol which I would like to do but I was too tired from all my extra walking in town. I rested the rest of evening.
This morning we all went to church, they were having a special service and after some food because a missionary couple that have been here with YWAM since they started here in Antigua about 10 years ago are leaving. Mark and Dayle Annand are the ones leaving. They have touched hundreds of people's lives here since they began and will be missed by many. They are from Minnesota and will be leaving here in a couple of days to go there for a couple of months. Their oldest daughter is getting married next month. Then they are going to Japan to be missionaries with YWAM there. They feel that is where God is calling them. What a huge change.
After all that Olga came over to the base and visited for a while. I have not seen her very much this trip. She goes to school in the afternoons and it has just been hard to connect. Then later Bruce, Susy, Olga, and I went out to dinner at a place Bruce knew about a ways out of town and way up on the side of a mountain. It had amazing and beautiful views from up there. We had a good dinner and a good time being together.
That has been my weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment