Friday, July 17, 2015

THURSDAY & FRIDAY

I had a quiet morning and took my time getting ready for the day. Had lunch at the base and then at 1:30 went into Antigua to meet Clara and get the other bracelets she had made for me and then we went to lunch. We went to Cafe Condezza and had a nice lunch and good time together. Afterwards when I was leaving to come back to the base I saw Maria who said she was going to Guatemala City Saturday to be with her daughter in the hospital and her husband was going to come back to stay with their other kids. I had planned on seeing Maria on Saturday so it was good I found out she wasn't going to be around. She wanted to see me before I leave because she had a gift for me. Spent the rest of the night at the base. After dinner I was in the Sala and some of the people from the team were in there also and told stories about different missions experiences they had had and it was pretty interesting. Friday After breakfast Susy and I went into town to the women's bible study at Camino Church. It was by a lady named Lisa Harper on Hebrews. I went last week also and I really enjoyed both weeks. Then Susy and I picked up Olga and went to the Macadamia Nut Farm for lunch. It was good as always. Then Olga had to go to school and Susy had to drive the group to ministry. I rested for a while. I needed to go into town and meet up with Maria and asked Delmys if she wanted to go with me which she did. It was challenging because both Maria and Delmys only speak Spanish. I found Maria at the park and we went to Cafe Barista and I got her some lunch. It was going to be dinner time soon at the base so Delmys and I only got a drink. Maria gave me a Guipil she had made for me. It was such a generous gift on her part and really nice. I liked that she wanted to give me something special and she said it made her happy that I liked it. It had rained quite hard for a bit before I went into town and then it stopped while we were in town which was a blessing. Came back to the base and had dinner. Visited with Bruce over dinner. It was pretty interesting as he told me stories about some of the outreaches he has been on. The night is winding down and people are going to bed so I guess I will join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment