Saturday, November 23, 2013

SOMETHING NEW

Yesterday when I wrote I was starting to sound rather boring, doing more or less the same thing 2 days in a row but today was something new. Last night the DTS from here that had been gone since we got here came back and that was different with about 16 new and different people around. My room downstairs that I was so happy about, I has to leave.  But I am still enjoying the goodness of God in that I got to move into a smaller room that one other girl is in. I have the bottom bunk, there is a door on the room, it is on the main floor and it is right across the hall from a bathroom. I have no complaints. All the other girls in my group are up on the top floor (or attic) on triple bunks that are horrible, half of them are sleeping on mattresses on the floor, you can hardly move around up there and the bathroom is downstairs.
Terry, the director of the base that we all know from his teaching one week during our classroom phase has been gone with the group from here so he is back also which is really nice. He knows what is going on, where before he got back we for the most part were just left to figure things out on our own for three days.
So for ministry today we went down to Heredia to a "slum" area where he said 80% of the people there were Nicaraguans. They use to all live in these tin shanty's but now a lot of those are gone and the government has built some housing. Anyway as always in these places there is lots of crime and drugs but a local lady has started a ministry for kids there and has been working with them for the past 8 years. They have had teams come in the last 4 years and have built a building for the ministry. On Saturday which is today the kids come and they feed them lunch. Some of the mothers come with their kids. They have really sown the gospel and the love of Jesus to the kids and I thought it really made a difference. Some of the kids who has been going for a few years were now there helping out with the younger kids and with things that needed to be done.
We did a couple of dramas, played games, sang songs, and then did face painting with them. Then they all had lunch. It was a good day.
The place was by a mall so after we all got to go to the mall which was nice for a change. I went with Bruce, Kalissa, and Terry and got coffee and a pastry. The coffee was good.
Now we are back at the base and had a really lousy dinner but I am enjoying time alone in my room. My roommate left early this morning for the beach and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon.
We have to meet in 15 minutes for some kind meeting as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment