Friday, September 6, 2013

LAST WEEKEND

I wanted to comment on last weekend.  After gym Alicia and I stayed in town and did a little shopping which was good.  I got a t-shirt and a purse which I like at the artisan market.  Sunday Alicia, Olga, y yo went to San Lucas to church.  Alicia had lived in that town for a while with her sister and liked the church she went to there.  After breakfast Sunday morning we had to walk down and catch the bus to Antigua where we needed to get a bus  to Guatemala City because San Lucas is on the way.  I need to comment that it is a beautiful drive through mountains and we made that drive a couple of weeks ago when we went to a park together on Saturday and on the drive home I was sitting by Bruce who pointed out 2 or 3 places where the chicken buses had gone off the road and killed people because the drivers dirve too fast.  Now that is exactly what we were doing was taking a "chicken bus" and I was very mindful of the stories Bruce had related to me so we prayed for safety and protection as we waited for the bus.
We were blessed with safe travels.  After church we went to Domino's pizza for lunch and it was pretty good.  Then we went to the Megapaca which is a kind of nice second hand store and that was kind of fun.  Then we braved the chicken bus for our return travel.
Oh, on the way to San Lucas the guy that collects money on the bus tried to rip me off because he thought I was a dumb gringa.  But I knew the price was 5Q and the change he tried giving me wasn't right.  I like hanging out with Alicia and Olga, they are both Guatemalans.

No comments:

Post a Comment