Monday, November 24, 2014
MONTERRICO - DAY TWO
Beautiful morning. Got some coffee and went for a short walk on the beach. The beach here does not have many treasures for me to find. I did find some rocks that Susy said are pumice stones which I find pretty cool and I plan on using them. Then we had breakfast which was pretty good and played ping pong. Now back to are room with the air conditioner which feels great.
On my first day blog I ended by saying I didn't remember what I had done the end of that first week. I don't know how I forgot because on Thursday, Friday, and Half day Saturday Susy, Olga, and I went to a conference in Santa Lucia Millas Altas on "The Father Heart Of God". It was put on by a church from Houston Texas called Catch the Fire Houston that a missionary couple Denny and Phyllis Scheminske who had ministered here in Guatemala for 5 years now attend. I enjoyed it and it was a good conference.
Then that Saturday afternoon Eder, Carolina, Emma, Renzo, Kalissa, Susy, Olga, and I headed out for Lake Atitlan where they were planning to talk to some Pastors and share in churches about YWAM and a DTS they wanted to do there in the fall.
Last night I couldn't get the Internet to work so I will finish this up this morning. We came here Saturday morning and it is now Monday morning and we leave this afternoon. The weather has been beautiful. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is in three days when I am sitting here on the beach sweating.
We walked back over to Johnny's Place for lunch yesterday afternoon. It was very good once again. Afterwards though we went to get some Italian Gelato at a place that was way down the beach. We started walking and walked and walked, I felt like I walked off every calorie I had just eaten. It was exhausting and hot with the sun beating down on us. It really was Italian, the guy running the place was from Sicily. It turned out to be good even though I felt like it was torture to get there. Walking back to the hotel wasn't as bad, we went up to the road and out of the sun which was better.
This morning we have been outside looking at the ocean, relaxing, and having breakfast. Life is good, God is good and He has been very gracious to us in giving us this time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment