Wednesday, December 18, 2013

FROM BARILLAS TO THE BASE

We made it back to Barillas, checked into the hotel and headed into town to do a little shopping and have lunch. Lela and Andrea stayed with us to show us around the market to find the things we were looking for and to show us a place for lunch. This is a pretty "rustic" town and there was nothing like a McDonalds to eat at so them showing us around was very helpful.
Back at the hotel we had worship and intercession time together and then tuna sandwiches for dinner. We were all pretty exhausted so I for one went to bed early.
We left the next morning for Huehuetenango in the bus ride from hell that I described in an earlier blog. The bus we were on did not know what a "shock absorber" was so our bodies absorbed the shock all the bumps along the way.
So we were back to Huehuetenango which is a fairly large city, if you have a McDonalds and a mall you have to be a large city, right?  The drive to get there from Barillas is about 7 hours so we got to town about 4 in the afternoon and went after settling in we all walked down to Pollo Campero for dinner.
The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel, mine was good, then we went up on the roof for intercessary prayer. After that we took taxis and went to the mall, had lunch and then spent an hour walking around finding people we could talk to or pray with and then we got to shop. Most of us went to the MegaPaca which I think is fun. I didn't have anything warm to wear home so I found a sweater to wear. We had dinner at the hotel which again I thought was good and then I had some time to relax in my room that I really enjoyed.
The following morning we were off to the bus station to catch the bus back to the base. The bus left at 07:15 and dropped us off in a town called Chimaltenango  which was closer for us to get to the base than going all the way back to Guatemala City. A couple of vans came to get us and we were back to the base about noon. It felt so good to be back.
I will finish my tale with one more blog about our happenings after getting back to the base.

1 comment:

  1. It's sure been interesting following your blog posts. Thanks for doing this. Glad to hear you've made it back home. Lots of memories and experiences, eh? Probably enough to last the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete