Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What a Day

This is the first full day and it has been busy.  Breakfast, we had refried beans, boiled plaintains, scrambled eggs and fruit, (papaya and watermelon) now that was a good Guatemalan breakfast, school (orientation stuff), lunch,  then we broke up into teams and took the bus into Antigua and had to find certain places and take our pictures there and the first group won.  It was not easy bit I guess it was fun.  The down side was not being able to enjoy Antigua because we had to hurry hurry.  Oh, I have to mention the van, it appears to be an older toyota.  I first rode in it the day I got here and there were only 3 of us and I thought it seemed like it would hold about 8.  Well Sunday morning when we all loaded up to head to church I found out how wrong I was, it actually fit 16.  Now there was just something wrong with that, obviously it was meant for 16 tiny Japanese people and fortunately several of the people I am with are about that size but I definitely don't fit that description.
I am going to post this but it is a day behind due to lack of sufficient time and internet access.   Next post will be about todays happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment