Here I am at my first Tuesday away and my first Tuesday being retied. The Guatemalan cook is great, she has prepared some delicious food. The down side is she doesn't do breakfast and starting tomorrow we have to get up and prepare it. There are 12 of us in the class so we are broken up into 3 groups with 4 each. We have to do chores like cleanup after meals and soon much more.
It does take a while to get in the grove and figure out what is going on and what is expected so we are still in the orientation phase.
I am impressed with the group so far, I like everyone. There are 6 Americanos, 6 Guatemalans, and 1 girl from Switzerland.
Went out for a walk this afternoon with a lady who is here as the translator from English to Spanish, she is from El Salvador anf her name is Suzie. It was all cloudy out as we were leaving and I said (knowing how there can be a downpour at any time) should we bring a rain jacket or umbrella but Suzie says no, it will probably be okay. Well on the
way back it started raining pretty good and we got pretty wet but then a little after we got back it was a real downpour. This is the first day it has rained since I've been here.
Tonight here shortly we have to decorate the journals they are giving us that we have to keep.
Journal time, got to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment